Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Psalm 13... How long, O Lord ? Will you forget me forever ? How long will you hide your face from me ?

Psalm 13 (New International Version)

Psalm 13

For the director of music. A psalm of David.

1 How long, O LORD ? Will you forget me forever?
How long will you hide your face from me?

2 How long must I wrestle with my thoughts
and every day have sorrow in my heart?
How long will my enemy triumph over me?

3 Look on me and answer, O LORD my God.
Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death;

4 my enemy will say, "I have overcome him,"
and my foes will rejoice when I fall.

5 But I trust in your unfailing love;
my heart rejoices in your salvation.

6 I will sing to the LORD,
for he has been good to me.


Psalm 13 (New Living Translation)

Psalm 13

For the choir director: A psalm of David.

1 O Lord, how long will you forget me? Forever?
How long will you look the other way?

2 How long must I struggle with anguish in my soul,
with sorrow in my heart every day?
How long will my enemy have the upper hand?

3 Turn and answer me, O Lord my God!
Restore the sparkle to my eyes, or I will die.

4 Don’t let my enemies gloat, saying, “We have defeated him!”
Don’t let them rejoice at my downfall.

5 But I trust in your unfailing love.
I will rejoice because you have rescued me.

6 I will sing to the Lord
because he is good to me.


Psalm 13 (Amplified Bible)

Psalm 13

To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David.

1HOW LONG will You forget me, O Lord? Forever? How long will You hide Your face from me?

2How long must I lay up cares within me and have sorrow in my heart day after day? How long shall my enemy exalt himself over me?

3Consider and answer me, O Lord my God; lighten the eyes [of my faith to behold Your face in the pitchlike darkness], lest I sleep the sleep of death,

4Lest my enemy say, I have prevailed over him, and those that trouble me rejoice when I am shaken.

5But I have trusted, leaned on, and been confident in Your mercy and loving-kindness; my heart shall rejoice and be in high spirits in Your salvation.

6I will sing to the Lord, because He has dealt bountifully with me.

No comments: